It’s the only book of its kind; not a commentary or critics’ list, this is a complete retrospective, by artist, of every song that made Billboard magazine’s disco and dance charts from their inception in 1974 through 2003: all charted titles, album cuts–even complete albums that made the Dance chart in their entirety.
Arranged by artist…loaded with basic chart facts…intriguing info. on artists and recordings…Top Artist’s pix…plus much more!
From Gloria Gaynor’s “Never Can Say Goodbye” to Madonna’s “American Life,” Joel Whitburn’s Hot Dance/Disco 1974-2003 lists every one of the over 3,800 artists and over 8,000 hits that appeared on Billboard magazine’s national “Dance/Disco Club Play” chart from its inception on October 26, 1974 through June 28, 2003.
The first of its kind, only Hot Dance/Disco 1974-2003 shows you:
- All charted titles, album cuts – even complete albums that made the Dance chart in their entirety.
- Re-recordings, covers and remixes of Pop chart hits that made the Dance chart.
- The many import-only records that helped give the Dance chart its distinctly Euro flavor.
- The constant turnover at the Dance chart’s top spot – with new #1 hits nearly every week helping to fuel the dance clubs’ need for fresh music.
What’s more, nearly all of the Dance artists and hits were entirely exclusive to the Dance chart, and never crossed over to the Pop, R&B or any other Billboard charts. So you’ll find very few of these artists and hits listed in any other Record Research book.
Packed with Basic Chart Facts, Intriguing Info & Fantastic Features!
• Peak chart position • Chart debut date • Total weeks charted • Original label and number • Total weeks at #1 or #2 • RIAA Platinum/Gold certification • Re-entries (recharted singles), Instrumental singles or other special types of singles are indicated with a symbol • Most hits listed are 12-inch vinyl singles (still the dance club DJs’ favorite format for scratching); however, special notations next to label numbers indicate promotional releases, 12″ imports and album cuts. • All remixes are indicated • Artist’s peak year of chart popularity is shown • Biographical information is shown for nearly every artist • Accurate, well-researched bios for major artists and groups show birth and death dates, group lineups, previous group affiliations, movie appearances and much more • Informative title notes indicate guest artists, notable songwriters and producers, samples and cover versions of earlier Pop hits, and more • The biggest chart hit of any artist with 10 or more hits is underlined • The Top 3 or 5 hits of every artist with 10 or more charted hits are listed right below the artist’s bio • All #1 hits are marked with an easy-to-spot #1 symbol.
Plus These Special Sections:
• Complete A-to-Z Song Title Section • All-Time Top 200 Artists Ranking • Pictures of the Top 50 Artists • A-to-Z Top 200 Artists Listing • Top Artist Achievements • Artists with the Hottest Hit Streaks • Top Hits & Record Breakers • #1 Hits in Chronological Order
|Dimensions||7 × 1.0 × 10 in|