From the earliest rumblings of rock ‘n’ roll on Billboard’s “Harlem Hit Parade” through the worldwide dominance of rap on the “Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs” chart, this artist-by-artist reference documents every song with extensive research. That’s a 75-year history spanning Billie Holiday’s “Trav’lin Light” through Drake’s “One Dance”!
It takes one big book to house a huge history that spans from Wynonie Harris, Kim Weston and The Five Keys to Alicia Keys, Kanye West and Clifford Harris (aka T.I.). This essential reference contains every artist and song that ever appeared on Billboard magazine’s R&B singles chart, from its first “Harlem Hit Parade” chart of October 24, 1942, right through the “Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs” chart of August 27, 2016.
- SONGWRITER(S) shown for every title! Our first R&B book to show you who wrote every song on the R&B charts
- 24-HIT CLUB Clover symbol indicates artists with at least 24 charted hits
- #1 RAP HITS R&B hits that hit #1 on “Hot Rap Songs” chart + total weeks at #1 are indicated
- FEATURED ARTISTS Appear below bio of artist bio with number of hits on which guest artist appears
- LARGER PAGE SIZE and upgraded layout and font make our facts and stats easier-to-read with new symbols that pop off the page.
- R&B HONOR ROLL OF HITS list of the most-honored R&B hits by critics and music industry professionals such as the Grammy Hall of Fame, the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, and other significant rankings.
- UPDATED BIOS with vital information – group members, birth dates/places, real names of rappers, and death dates for the many artists who passed since the 6th edition.
Larger in scope and size, Top R&B Singles 1942-2016 brings the history of charted R&B music to a new level!
|Dimensions||8.5 × 1.75 × 11 in|