Top Pop Albums 1955-2009
984 pages | Size: 7x9 inches |
The 7th edition of our Albums book returns to the well-known title of 5 of its previous editions: Top Pop Albums. (The 6th edition of this book was known as The Billboard Albums.) And, it sports a revamping of its former crisp, clean layout of artists, album titles and chart data!
The First Edition To Include:
- - All "Bubbling Under" Albums!
- - Over 700 Early Non-Charted Albums!
Don't forget to order The Tracks of Top Pop Albums CD-ROM which includes the listings of all of an artist's album and CD tracks -- as these are not included in the book Top Pop Albums 1955-2009.
"The Billboard 200" chart is one of the best indicators of the moment's best-loved music. Over the past 55 years, the albums chart has shown, week in and week out, which albums and CDs are the most purchased in America. It is clearly the chart that never fails to host a wide variety of music genres.
New! Addition of albums that made the “Bubbling Under The Top Pop Albums” chart but not the “Top Pop Albums” chart, from December 1970-August 1985. Now shown chronologically within the artist section are these 1,373 albums which include the debut albums by the Doobie Brothers, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Styx, plus the seminal albums by punk artists Dead Kennedys and Richard Hell & The Voidoids, early New Age and World Music albums, and an eclectic mix of artists like Mom’s Apple Pie, Yellowman, the Knittters, Don Imus and Yma Sumac!
New! From 1955-65, over 700 albums integral to popular music history did not make the albums chart. These highly collectable albums now appear within the book’s artist section with their year of release. You’ll have an even broader perspective of the rock, teen pop, doo-wop and R&B albums of the rock ‘n’ roll era by artists such as Chuck Berry, Johnny Burnette, The Clovers, Dion & The Belmonts, Fats Domino, Buddy Holly, Jan & Dean, Clyde McPhatter, Roy Orbision, The Platters, Del Shannon, Mary Wells, and more!
All the Album Chart Data!
- Peak chart position
- Chart debut date
- Total weeks charted
- Total weeks at #1, or #2 or #3 positions
- Original record label and number
- Includes data from Billboard's annual "Christmas Albums" chart and "Top Pop Catalog Albums" chart
All the Essential Album Info!
- Albums of major artists are broken into sub-categories: Live, Greatest Hits & Compilations, Christmas, etc.
- Grammy Awards, Hall Of Fame, National Recording Registry & Rolling Stone 500 information shown under each honored title! Also included in main artist section are historical non-charted titles that received such awards.
- Title notes providing details of interest on many charted albums, such as guest artists, group personnel changes or notable recording sites and dates
- RIAA Gold or Platinum Record Certification (includes total number of million units sold)
- Symbols indicating special types of albums, such as re-entries, reissues or remixes; 7" extended play or mini albums; or comedy, novelty, spoken word, foreign language, Christmas, original cast, instrumental, live, compilation, greatest hits, or movie or TV soundtrack albums
All the Artist Info!
- Decade, All-Time Artist Rankings and Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Years listed by artist's name!
- Many non-charted critically acclaimed artists & albums added to main artist section!
- New artist biographies chronicling the lives and careers of hundreds of album artists who first charted since last edition
- Updates of previously published artist biographies further researched for accuracy and reliability
- Boldfaced names of artists mentioned in the bios or title notes who have their own listings elsewhere in the book
Plus All These Big Bonus Sections!
- Top 500 Artists Ranking
- Chronological Listing Of All #1 Albums
- Top Artist & Album Achievements --
- The Top 100 Albums of All Time
- The Top Albums of Each Decade
- Albums of Longevity
- The Top Artists of Each Decade
- Albums That Sold 10,000,000 or More Units
- Artists with the:
- Most Charted Albums
- Most Top 40 Albums
- Most Top 10 Albums
- Most #1 Albums
- Most Weeks at the #1 Position
- Most Gold & Platinum Albums